Style Overhaul

Black Vest- Zara, Similar
Black and White Stripe Dress- H&M; Similar

Have you ever felt like you have a closet full of clothes, but nothing to wear? That’s how I feel now. My closet is stuffed and drawers filled with things that aren’t serving a purpose. The items are either outdated, they don’t fit or I’m just not feeling them for whatever reason. I think it’s time for a closet revamp.

Since I define my style as fashionably casual, I want to have nice pieces that fit well and flatter my body. I also want lots of pieces I can mix and match so that I can maximize my wardrobe. At this point, I’d guess that I’m wearing about 10% of the items I have, while the other 90% is collecting dust. I want to change that so that I’m wearing at least 90% of my clothing regularly throughout all four seasons.

It’s certainly time for a purge. I think I’ll begin to go through things and keep what I like, donate some of it, and sell the rest on Poshmark. When it comes to rebuilding my wardrobe, I want to make sure that I re-up on any basics I may need such as great jeans, blazers, white blouses, and simple t-shirts, among others. Of course, I will have some trendy items and some things that are dressy for special occasions, but I want the majority of my closet to reflect my overall fashionably casual style.

When it comes to accessories, I would like to slowly add more luxury items. I recently purchased my first luxury belt, which will make its debut on the blog in the coming months. I hope to add another belt soon, and possibly a scarf for the fall and winter months. I’d love to buy a new Louis Vuitton bag, but that’s going to have to wait until next year. Of course, I will keep you all updated with how things go with my closet revamp!

Have you ever felt like you need a style overhaul? Ever felt like you don’t want to wear anything in your closet? Comment below and let me know how you got out of your style rut!


Looking for Something?